09 October 2010

John Lennon Would Have Been One FarOut Old Man

 
Count your age by friends, not years Count your life by smiles, not tears.
John Lennon

The thing the sixties did was to show us
the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had.
It wasn't the answer.
It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility.
John Lennon

If someone thinks that love and peace is a clique
that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem.
Love and peace are eternal.
John Lennon

There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.
John Lennon

Surrealism had a great effect on me because
then I realized that the imagery in my mind wasn’t insanity.
Surrealism to me is reality.
John Lennon

A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.
John Lennon

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup,
They slither wildly as they slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my open mind,
Possessing and caressing me.
Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on across the universe,
Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box
They tumble blindly as they make their way
Across the universe
Sounds of laughter shades of love are
Ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a
Million suns, and calls me on and on
Across the universe
John Lennon

Your way of life is a political statement.
John Lennon

   
I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything.
I've always been a freak.
So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know.
I'm one of those people.
John Lennon

Music is everybody's possession.
It's only publishers who think that people own it.
John Lennon

 
If everyone demanded peace
instead of another television set,
then there'd be peace.
John Lennon



submit to reddit

No comments: