08 August 2010

Old New Mexico Photos on My Picasa Site

I've been collecting old digitized photos of New Mexico since I first found the first old photo of New Mexico on-line. Some of the on-line databases that I've searched through are:
  1. The Library of Congress Digital Collection 
  2.  Western History and Genealogy Digital Image Collection at the Denver Library
  3. The University of Arizona Photograph & Graphic Collections 
  4. Northern Arizona University Colorado Plateau Digital Archives Search
  5. New Mexico's Digital Collections has a Search Engine for digital collections all over the state of New Mexico. 
  6. Links to New Mexico Resources from the Santa Fé Library 

I was given digital photos that were once part of the Socorro History Society's photo collection. Here are some of the photos that I have in my digital photo collection on my Picasa site. I have made all of the Socorro, Peñasco, Albuquerque, Pie Town & other New Mexico photos available for anyone to look through and borrow in my Picasa Public Photos. Here are some of my favorite photos from the collection.

Peñasco

Pie Town

Albuquerque

Trampas

Las Vegas

Santa Fé

Socorro

Socorro

Somewhere near Socorro

I have more old New Mexico photos and my thoughts on some of these photos on an earlier blog. I don't know anything about the origin of these old photos or who the people are in them.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: