07 August 2010

All These August 2010 Posts & Bye to BuzzFeed

This summer I was not only addicted to FaceBook, but I got hooked on BuzzFeed. I quickly started to post replies & then my own BuzzFeed pages. I found myself being just like a little kid, excited about getting stars and badges from the BuzzFeed powers that be. In fact a little too excited. I'm embarrassed to admit that I was beginning to be a Pavlovian Dog wagging my tail for the coveted BuzzFeed front place placing.

When posts I'd posted were passed up for similar ones posted hours later, I saw a side of myself I thought no longer existed. I was angry. I've spent years learning not to let things as petty as this get to me, and I didn't like myself. I had a great time, and I'm reposting things I liked that I did for BuzzFeed here. I'm just not going to post in BuzzFeed henceforce, both because I don't like their Front Page placing policies & because I don't like the person I became due to these polities.

I can't promise that I won't read BuzzFeed or click on the OMG or WTF boxes. I still love BuzzFeed as a fun place to find silliness on the Web. Here are links to some of my favorite fun on BuzzFeed:

The Ultimate Collection of Baby Fennec Fox Pictures

Neon Frogs!

39 Unusual Motorcycles

75 Awesome Watermelon Carvings

The Ultimate Collection of Baby Anteater Pictures

Baby Tapirs

Just About Anything TurtleFeed posts

No comments: